Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies are a delicious treat, with the rich taste of peanut butter and crunchy pieces of peanuts. It is a perfect recipe when you crave something sweet but don’t have a lot of time or the key baking ingredient, flour, at home. Here we have used only 5 ingredients and the cookies are baked in less than 10 minutes. It is also a great way to introduce baking to kids, because all you need to do is mix the ingredients together and place small portions on the cookie sheet.
You can also use plain peanut butter and add chocolate chips or coconut flakes to the dough. I have earlier made the recipe with brown sugar and maple syrup or honey to get a more chewy taste. Feel fry to try different variations, but this is the simplest one.
This recipe makes anywhere between 2 and 3 dozen cookies depending on the size you prefer.
Crunchy peanut butter: 1 heaping cup
Butter: 1 tbsp
Baking soda: 1 small pinch
Sugar: 3/4th cup
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Mix all the ingredients into a smooth dough.
3) Line a baking tray with parchment paper to prevent the cookie from sticking and for easy clean-up later. Distribute small portions of the cookie dough on the tray, making sure there is a gap between the cookies, as they will double in size while baking.
You can also roll them in your palms, place the balls on the tray and lightly flatten them with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
4) Bake for 8 to 10 min. Flourless peanut butter cookies bake fast. They will look and feel very soft to touch and the bottom will be darker than the top. But do not overbake, as they will start to burn after 10 minutes. Take the tray out and let the cookies cool on the baking tray for another 10 minutes.
5) After 10 minutes, the cookies will start to harden. Gently remove from the tray and place on a cooling rack for 30 minutes to 1 hour. You can eat them sooner if you like softer cookies without the ‘snap’.
6) Once they cool down, they will harden completely. Store them in a cookie tin.